1) I got a middle seat in my flight. I usually prefer a window seat or an aisle seat if I am sitting with strangers ('cause I don't fancy straddling everyone everytime I want to go to the lavatory wtf), but aah, nevermind. Then an older man sat by my side. An older man with a severe attack of the M.O., aka. mouth odor.
I was literally going green from trying not to breathe, and I was desperately wishing that I have a blocked nose and not breathe wtf (which I later successfully achieved because the flight was really cold and I caught a flu -___-).
2) Remember I was sitting in the middle seat? To the other side of me is an ahjumma, which means 'married woman' in Korean, but usually just means 'auntie'. Ahjummas generally put any kiasu Singaporean auntie because they are the most brash, aggressive types-- nothing stands in their way. Case in point: there was once my boyfriend was standing innocently in the middle of the subway in Seoul, and when the train stopped, an ahjumma came into the train, and upon spying an empty seat, she jabbed my boyfriend's foot with an umbrella WTF --so that he wouldn't steal her seat + he will move away for her to get to her seat as fast as possible.
The ahjumma next to me was wearing a plaid jacket and plaid pants (different color plaids + different checks) and sandals with socks... She later put on a windbreaker. All the signs of the standard ahjumma was there. The only thing missing was a visor, but I definitely saw one peeking out of her handbag.
Anyway, I digressed. The ahjumma next to me was covering her nose with her (plaid) jacket the entire time, probably 'cause the M.O (read: mouth odor) was going over in fumes. Against my better judgement, I thought inwardly that we were on the same boat and developed an affinity to her. Until I realized she can't stand any form of movement. -__________- Anytime I as much as shifted a millimeter, she starts cursing in Korean (I presume it's cursing, 'cause I can recognize some words). -________-
3) A butch sat in front of me. Strangely enough she is also a camwhore. By that I meant she took photos of herself nonstop, with the flash on. SAVE ME.
4) The flight was slightly delayed, so I missed the last bus to the hotel. Had to take a another bus, and then catch a cab to the hotel. I actually missed the stop whilst in the bus, and had to randomly stop in the middle of nowhere.
5) Couldn't get any cab to stop to take me to my hotel as it was midnight (all the cab drivers change shifts at midnight, and they are really particular about routes). It was freezing.
6) Finally reached the hotel (at least I had a really nice cab driver, and he said that my spoken Korean is really good! :D), and there was no one at the reception. -___- There was a number left on the reception desk for me to call the staff, but despite trying for a dozen times, no one picked up. By this time, I really frustrated, I was hungry, cold, tired, and nursing a leaky nose. All I want is my room, goddamit!
7) Finally after forever, I got into my room. And I found out I got my period. WHEE.
8) After I found out about my period, I realized that the shower in my room is not working. DOUBLE WHEE.
9) Walked downstairs to complain about the shower, no one was at the reception again. TRIPLE WHEE.
In the end, I use the water tap part of the shower to bathe. And I popped a flu pill. And I then broke my personal record for the longest sleep I've ever had-- I knocked out for 17 hours hahahaha. (in my defense I didn't sleep much last week *sheepish*)
Anyway, now that I looked back at last night, it is rather funny. But it doesn't mean I can do without some virtual hugs wtf. Let's just hope that the rest of the week is more forgiving on me!
I came across this video recently...
I think many girls would be able to relate with this scene, unfortunately.